2022 BRITISH RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON
MELKSHAM, UK, APRIL 13, 2022 - The Motorsport UK British Rallycross Championship 5 Nations Trophy begins at Lydden Hill this weekend. Cooper Tire Europe continues to be the exclusive tire supplier for another season.
With multiple categories and competitors, Cooper Tire Europe brings a bespoke tire to the 5 Nations British Rallycross championship. Electric vehicles will be permitted to compete for the first time this season, meaning the Cooper Tires ACB11 tire is able to extract the most out of an electric powertrain while providing performance familiar to competitors running ICE machinery.
The season starts at Lydden Hill this Saturday (16 April 2022), before moving to rounds in Wales and Ireland. New venues for the British Cooper Rallycross Championship will also see Belgium and France added to the calendar, with Belgian rallycross venue Glosso Circuit and the French circuit Dreux making up two of the 5 Nations the championship will visit.
Cooper Tires continues to be the sole tire partner for the following championships competing this season:
- Motorsport UK British Rallycross Championship
- Motorsport UK Junior Rallycross Championship
- Motorsport UK Supernational Championship
- All4 Mini Rallycross Championship
- BMW Mini Rallycross Championship
- Retro 4WD Rallycross Championship
- Retro Rallycross Championship
- RX150 Rallycross Championship
- Super Retro Rallycross Championship
- Swift Rallycross Championship
Cooper Tires supplies teams with tires that give drivers the confidence to push their cars to the limit over both tarmac and gravel in a range of weather conditions.
James Weekley, General Manager, Motorsport, Cooper Tire Europe: “British Rallycross has long been regarded as the best in class for the quality of racing and variety or competition. Add to that the innovation this year with the introduction of electric vehicles, Cooper Tires is well placed to handle these changes.
“Cooper Tires has a long and successful history in Rallycross and we are delighted to be welcoming the 2022 season with such a strong variety of competitors, categories and venues.”
- 16-18 April - Lydden Hill, England
- 14-15 May - Pembrey, Wales
- 4-5 June - Mondello Park, Ireland
- 6-7 August - Glosso, Belgium
- 27-29 August - Pembrey, Wales
- 15-16 October - Dreux, France
- 5-6 November - Lydden Hill, England